Sunday, January 8, 2012

Candy Cane Fingers

I work in a place where many people see my nails.

I have a bad, bad habit of biting my nails.

If I can't have cute long nails, my polish should be adorable!!

Because it is around Christmas time, I decided to go with Candy cane nails.

First paint your nails White.



Now that was easy!!
 (I find best to let them dry for the day and do next step that night or next day)

Now I do not have that fancy polish with the thin brush to paint on designs.

My solution... Painter's Tape.

Cut into very thin strips and apply to nails.

Make sure you have them pressed down very well.

(Don't want any paint sneaking under.)



Next is to just paint them Your favorite red!! :)

(Mom used all of mine so I went with the next best one I could find.)


Looks a little pink I did add a second coat after the picture was taken.

Now before you start pealing the tape off make sure that it is all the way dry or you will take all the red off.

Rough picture.

Next a clear coat and you are ready to go.

The next morning before I went to work, I cleaned up the paint on my skin and added a sliver glitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment